“I attended Dr Low’s MasterClass in 2018 and it was a revelation to me. In a very short time, Dr Low taught me the techniques to make my Chopin sing. Dr Low arrived at the most crucial time. I had reached a plateau musically and was feeling slightly deflated after doing my Diploma exam. Dr Low had revived my interest and love of piano and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
Eloise Ng - Piano student
Piano Workshop - "Creating 4D Musical Texture"
for Teachers and Diploma Students
(Monday, 1 April 2019, 10am - 1pm, $30 per person)
- Are you a candidate preparing for your ATCL and LTCL exam?
- Are you a teacher who is currently engaged in the ATCL and LTCL repertoire?
- Are you tired of just going through the motion of playing through your exam repertoire?
- Have you been left frustrated after spending hours on end trying to solve a 'technical problem' but seems to have gotten no where?
- Have you been told that the only way to solve certain 'technical problems' in your playing is by persisting and doing technical exercises?
- Have you found yourself in a musical and pianistic plateau because you are unsure about what to do in exam repertoire?
- Are you feeling deflated preparing for your exam and need a new perspective?
- Do you want a chance to get the highest possible mark for your exam?
If the answer is "YES" to any of the above,
Join Dr Michael Low in a special workshop about pianistic interpretation with special focus on musical texture, lines and details in certain ATCL and LTCL repertoire. In addition, Dr Low will also help you get the best out of your vision of the piece you are playing. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to work with Dr Low!
Participants are encouraged to bring along their pieces to work with Dr. Low.
Piano SOLO Lessons and Public Master Class
(Friday & Saturday, 5 & 6 April 2019)
Do not miss this rare opportunity to learn from Dr Michael Low. (Limited slots available!)
- Solo Lessons Fee: $200 per 1 hour slot (Solo Lesson)
Public Master Class
- Only 6 Performer slots available
- Fees: $80 per Performer (about 30-40 mins per Slot) $10 per Observer
WHO should attend: Piano Teachers, Educators and especially for Intermediate candidates preparing for Piano Examinations
Dr Michael Low
Associate Professor in Music, Music Educator / Pianist
As a teenager, Michael studied piano under the guidance of Richard Frostick before enrolling in London’s prestigious Centre for Young Musicians, where he studied composition with the English composer Julian Grant, and piano with the internationally acclaimed pedagogue Graham Fitch. During his studies at Surrey University in England, Michael made his debut playing Tchaikovsky’s First Piano Concerto in the 1999 Guildford International Music Festival, before graduating with Honours under the tutelage of Clive Williamson.
In 2000, Michael obtained his Masters in Music (also from Surrey University), specialising in music criticism, studio production and solo performance under Nils Franke. An international scholarship brought Michael to the University of Cape Town, where he resumed his studies with Graham Fitch. During this time, Michael was invited to perform Tchaikovsky’s First Piano Concerto for The Penang Governer’s Birthday Celebration Gala Concert. [Full Biography]
Venue (ALL sessions): TCM Recital Studio @ Chinese Swimming Club (details)