S.P.A.F. (SINGAPORE PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL) FRINGE EVENTS
(Tuesday, 13 March 2018)
TALK for Parents (10am - 1030am) - Complimentary (All Parents are welcome)
Public Speaking Workshop (1030am - 1pm) - $30 per person
Creative Writing Workshop (2pm - 5pm) - $40 per person
BUNDLE Price for both Workshops - $60.00 per person
VENUE: TCM Recital Studio @ Chinese Swimming Club [Location Map]
SPEAKERS / TRAINERS
Trainer & Examiner in
Head of Drama at
"Communication for Success" - A TALK for Parents
- Recommended for Parents preparing their child for DSA exercise.
- Options to consider based on your child's abilities.
- Enhancing your child's protfolio for life, not just for, but beyond, DSA.
PUBLIC SPEAKING WORKSHOP DETAILS
- Suitable for Upper Primary Students, although lower primary and lower secondary students are welcome too.
- This workshop will cover the elements of Public Speaking and is designed for Teachers and Parents who may be considering preparing students for entry into this area of the S.P.A.F. (Singapore Performing Arts Festival) in July 2018.
- Topics to be covered:
- Structuring a speech in terms of content, fluency and relevance to the title
- Styles of delivery including clarity, audibility, body language and engaging the audience with a natural, believable delivery style.
CREATIVE WRITING WORKSHOP DETAILS
- Suitable for Upper Primary Students, although lower primary and lower secondary students are welcomed too.
- This will be an interactive session open to young would-be entrants for the Creative Writing classes in the upcoming S.P.A.F. in July 2018.
- There will be some exploration, using hands-on activities, of how to structure an engaging storyline using different stimuli such as pictures, music, poetry, prose and personal anecdotes.
- The objective will be to create a piece of writing over which the author has ownership, and, at the same time, help to widen the use of the writer’s vocabulary.