[Click for Full Size Poster]
A Unique Musical Experience to Inspire Piano Learning
- To provide a unique musical experience for Piano students and family
- To experience Piano Learning in a different culture
- To cultivate a deeper understanding and appreciation of Piano, the King of Musical Instruments
- 17 June - Arrival and Check In*
- 18 / 19 / 21 / 22 June
- (10am to 1pm) Public Masterclass/ Piano Practice
- (1pm - 7pm) Simple Lunch / Out for Sightseeing Within/Near Tokyo / Dinner
(by Train/Underground Public Transport)
- After 7pm - Free & Easy or Night activities
- Possible a night out for Concert - TBC
- 20 June - Day Trip to Hamamatsu
- 23 June - Check Out - Movement to Airport*
* Movement between Hotels and Airport shall be DIY (own cost and effort), as flights’ timings will be very different.
Special Factory VIsit - KAWAI Ryuyo Piano Factory:
- One of the World's Largest and Most Advance Piano Factory
- The very first Piano Factory to receive ISO 14001 certifications. Caring for the environment throughout the entire production process.
- Visit state of the art manufacturing and at the same time witness Master Piano Artisan, working on Shigeru Kawai grand pianos.
Hotel - Tobu Hotel Levant Tokyo [Link]:
- Very Good ratings and reviews from Trip Advisor
- 5min Walk to Kinshicho Train Station and Shopping Mall
- 23mins walk to Tokyo Skytree
Active Participant - S$2,380.00 (at least 2 x 45mins MasterClass lessons & 2 x 45mins Practice Time)
Passive Participant - S$1,980.00
Fees EXCLUSIVE of:
- Travel Insurance
- Movement between Airport & Hotel in Tokyo
- Certain Place of Interest's Entry Fees or Concert ticket
About the Trainer:
Sakura YAZAKI / 矢﨑さくら
The pianist, Sakura Yazaki, was born in Tokyo, Japan.
She has given performance at various concerts since her debut at the age of 17, made performing Saint-Saëns piano Concerto No.2 with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra under Kazushi Ohno at the evening concert with pianist Hiroko Nakamura.
She graduated from Toho Gakuen School of Music.
In 2003, she continued her postgraduate studies by Japanese Government Overseas Study Programme for Artists at the Ino Mirkovich Music Academy in Croatia with Prof. Evgeny Zarafiants.
She also studied chamber music from 2003 to 2005 in Vienna, and she was an accompanist at the violin class of Prof. Dorice Kostenberger at the Vienna Conservatorium.
From 2005 to 2008 in Spain, since 2009 she has lived in Tokyo, She has given performance at various concerts; including piano solos; chamber music, in Croatia, Austria, Spain and Japan.
In addition, she has been in charge of promoting international cultural exchange related to music, painting, dancing, literature at the Armenian Embassy in Tokyo for 5 years from 2010 to 2015, and has held numerous training, seminars and music festivals.
Having taken piano lessons with Prof.Konstantin Sirounian, Prof.Evgeny Zarafiants, Prof.Hiroko Nakamura, Prof.Hidemitsu Hayashi and Prof.Shizuko Murate.
Yumiko FURUHATA / 古畑由美子
The pianist,Yumiko FURUHATA was born in Tokyo,Japan.
She began learning piano at the age of 5, and studied at the Toho High School of Music.
After graduated from Toho-Gakuen School of Music in Tokyo, she continued her study at the Mozarteum University of Salzburg in Austria.
Yumiko FURUHATA won the 2nd prize in the 3rd International Piano Duo Competition in Japan.
She was a semi-finalist at the Faust-Turefurancca International Competition in Italy.
After returning to Japan, she has given recitals in many places (Sapporo, Tokyo, Yokohama, Niigata), also has worked as an official accompanist not only at various international music festivals and academies (Kusatsu, Hamamatsu etc.) but also in the orchestra and chamber music.
At the same time, using teaching materials based on Russian