Music Teachers’ Workshop & Networking
- 20 June 2016 - 10am - 5pm
- TCM Recital Studio @ Chinese Swimming Club
- Fee: $98.00 (Early Bird till End May). $120.00 from 1st June.
- Inclusive of Lunch
- Each participant shall receive a Goodie Bag worth $30
Topics to be covered
- How to Practise, Present and Perform
- Recital Lecture on Graded Piano Exam Pieces - participants may request to perform their choice of piano exam pieces*
- Improvisation & Memorization
- Recital of Mark Tanners' Piano Music by the composer himself!
- Technical / Interpretive matters
- Voice Care for Music Teachers - Tips and Activities on Effective Communication with your student(s)!
About the Speakers:
Dr Mark Tanner PhD Hon.BC MA FTCL FRSA
(Concert pianist, Composer, B.I.F.F. Adjudicator, Teacher, Writer and ABRSM Examiner)
Mark Tanner's performing and academic work takes him regularly to all five continents. Solo appearances include many recitals at London’s Wigmore Hall, South Bank Centre and St John’s Smith Square, as well as St George’s Bristol, where he performed at the Mozart 250th Anniversary Celebrations with fellow pianist, Alan Schiller. He continues to appear regularly on luxury cruise liners, having given in excess of 300 recitals on all of the Cunard, P&O and Saga ships. Mark’s recordings, which have spotlighted many works by British composers and previously unrecorded works, have received widespread critical acclaim: “Magnificent”, Gramophone, “Delivered with flair and spontaneity”, The Scotsman. World première broadcasts of works by Constant Lambert and John McLeod have been given on BBC Radio 3, and Classic FM recently featured Mark’s Lullaby for Prince George. (Click here for Full Bio)
Mary Ann Tear
(Consultant and Senior Examiner in Drama & Performance for Trinity College London)
Mary Ann is the consultant in Drama and Performance for South East Asia based in Singapore and a senior examiner and trainer for Trinity College London. She is a choreographer, director, Performing Arts lecturer and practitioner and a British Federation Adjudicator. Her work has taken her to Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, Canada, Sri Lanka, Dubai, Bermuda, as well as centres in Europe and the UK.
Mary Ann was a UK lecturer in Performing Arts working for the Universities of Hertfordshire and Middlesex, whilst also pursuing her professional theatrical career with performance, choreography, and direction in drama, musical theatre, opera, pantomime and physical theatre. During her time at the universities she was part of the panel who designed the Performing Arts courses at Diploma through to BA levels. (Click here for Full Bio)
SPAF needs your support!
SPAF wants YOU! - Be a Volunteer and help out at SPAF events!
Be a Friend of SPAF!
Need futher information or clarification?