The 1st Shigeru Kawai International Piano Competition
Entry Deadline: 25 Feb 2017
- ONE Main Category
- Must be residing in Singapore or Malaysia
- Born on or after 2 April 1990 and on or before 1 April 2000
- If selected, option to progress to JAPAN
- ALL Entries shall be awarded a participation certificate and written report.
- JAPAN Semi Final and Final - 1 to 5 Aug 2017
- Singapore Pre-Selection Rounds Guidelines - [Download]
- Entry Form - [Download]
- Local Selection - UP TO THREE Prizes (worth S$1,900.00 per competitor)
(Only for participants who indicated that they are willing to progress to the JAPAN Semi-Final Round and successfully selected by JAPAN SKIPC Jury panel)
- Travel Support Offered by SKIPC (JPY 50,000)
- Travel Support Sponsored by Robert Piano Co. (S$1,000.00)
- Waiver of ALL Japan Registration Fees Sponsored by Robert Piano Co. (JPY 23,000)
REPERTOIRE - (Singapore Pre-Selection rounds)
Competitor must play (1) and (2).
Playing order of (1) and (2) can be decided by the competitor
(1) One piece from Chopin: Etude Op. 10 or Op. 25
*Repetitions shall be the competitor's discretion.
(2) Piece(s) of his/her choice (Playing time should be from 5 to 10 minutes.
- All the pieces should be played from memory.
- Repertoire submitted cannot be changed.
- If the playing time is shorter or longer than the specified time, it will be the cause of point deduction.
Adjudicators (for Singapore Pre-Selection Rounds via video entries)
Registration and Payment Options:
- OR by crossed cheque or bank draft/money order, payable to “MS Works Pte Ltd” and mailed together with the application material to:
MS WORKS Pte. Ltd. (SKIPC)
80 Marine Parade Road
#03-08, Parkway Parade Shopping Centre
Get the latest updates and news about the competition.