Due to unforseen circumstances, this festival will be cancelled.
Event Date: 28 & 29 October 2017 (Registration Closing Date: 1 October 2017)
POP & ROCK FESTIVAL is a new initiative by Singapore Performing Arts Festival [SPAF] - SPAF aims to inspire, so all performers leave with a sense of achievement! Its purpose is to open up the world of performing arts to ALL, encouraging them to develop a range of communication and interpersonal skills through an interactive environment.
Performance Festival - 28 & 29 October 2017
Categories - Keyboards / Vocal / Bass / Guitar / Drums and Group of up to 5 members.
Pop & Rock Fest - Entry Forms and Festival Info 2017
Main Venue - BLU JAZ CAFE
Fringe Event - NETWORKING WORKSHOP for Teachers & Musicians
- Monday 30 October 2017, 1030am to 2pm.
- REAL WORLD application for ROCK & POP Exams.
- Networking Lunch included.
2017 Festival Adjudicators:
Nicholas Keyworth is the former Chief Examiner for Music at Trinity College London where he was at the forefront of international arts assessment in classical, jazz and popular music. In 2012 he developed and launched the successful Trinity Rock & Pop exams at Trinity in collaboration with Faber Music and Peters Edition.
As a teacher and educational advisor he has worked in schools and on their music curriculums, classroom planning and mentoring individual teachers and students.
He was also Artistic Director of The Pound Arts Trust in the west of England delivering an annual programme of arts activities and a festival of international contemporary arts.
Nicholas is now co-director of Revolution Arts Academy where he has built a successful international company supporting arts education through workshops and masterclasses together with innovative online courses supporting students, teachers and organisations.
Nicholas is also a successful composer currently working on Revolution The Musical, in collaboration with lyricist Michael Wilkinson.
(Important NOTE: Where applicable, All Participants shall need to provide their own backing tracks in MP3 format in a USB drive or SD card.)
||Duo or Group Fees (2 to 5 members)|
|Junior||Max 4 mins||$60||$35 Per Member or $100 Total Max|
|Intermediate||Max 5 mins||$70||$40 Per Member or $120 Total Max|
|Advanced||Max 6 mins||$80||$45 Per Member or $140 Total Max|
|Open||Max 7 mins||$90||$50 Per Member or $160 Total Max|
Just to reference: Junior (up to Grade 3) / Intermediate (Up to Grade 6) / Advanced (Up to Grade 8)
No restriction on age or repertorie. But the organising committee reserves the right to reject any entry with unsuitable or offensive material.
OVERVIEW OF SPAF
What will each participant get?
- A Written Report.
- A Certificate of participation. For achievement of above 75 marks, a Gold / Silver / Bronze shall be awarded.
- A mini Master Class after each group of performances.
How will the festival be conducted?
- Participants will take turns to perform in the order predetermined by the organiser.
- The adjudicator will evaluate their performance on a report form, which will be presented to the respective participants at the end of each class.
- After all the participants have presented their work, the adjudicator will conduct a mini master-class style to comment on the overall performance of the class as a whole.
- Certificates will be presented to all participants.
SPAF needs your support!
SPAF wants YOU! - Be a Volunteer and help out at SPAF events!
Be a Friend of SPAF!